You can be involved in girlSPARC™ by donating to us, registering your daughter, working with us to bring it to your school, or becoming an instructor.
Donate to girlSPARC
If you would like to donate money to support girlSPARC's programs, please fill out our donation form.
Bring to my school
If you are interested in bringing girlSPARC to your U.S. based school, we would love to work with you to make it happen.
Our programs to date have been offered as an after school extra curriculum enrichment program offered on site at the school's campus. Girls participate in instructor facilitated lessons for an hour and a half every week throughout an eight-week session.
"Whenever I walk through the girlSPARC class, the girls are always eager to tell me all about what they are learning. I have also noticed an air of confidence when the girls are in the STEM lab with their class. They become leaders ready to share their knowledge and jump right into a challenge."
- Springer School STEM Teacher
Getting Started Checklist
If this has peaked your interest, and you would like to have a STEM enrichment program for girls offered at your school, you can get started with this simple checklist below. To bring girlSPARC to your school, you will want to think about these key questions:
- Do you have 16 or more girls interested in the program?
- How can you spread the word to parents at your school?
- Is there a parent volunteer who could partner with us to sponsor and champion girlSPARC, reserve classroom space, communicate with parents?
- Can you host an open house to inform parents about girlSPARC?
- Has the school administrator approved offering girlSPARC on campus?
- Is there a collaborative classroom set up on campus that we can rent from the school?
Become an Instructor
Are you concerned about the low number of females in STEM careers? Do you want to see the statistics change over time? Do you want to empower and inspire girls, while sharing with them the fun and creative STEM projects girlSPARC offers?
This is your opportunity to make a significant impact in a girl’s life.
The ideal STEM teacher for the girlSPARC program includes:
- Woman who is an engineer
- Recent graduate in a STEM related discipline
- Currently enrolled in an engineering degree program
- Current or former teacher in any STEM field
- Able to work well and communicate with children
- Meet teaching requirements and a background check
- Ability to take pre-defined lessons and dynamically present them in class